Clemmons, BCBSNC, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina Quotes are available here. Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina Authorized Agents, Osborne Insurance, assist Clemmons NC residents with health insurance rate quotes and applications.
Clemmons is a village in Forsyth County, North Carolina and a suburb of Winston-Salem. The population was 13,827 at the 2000 census.
* Originally called Clemmonsville, the Village of Clemmons was founded in 1802 and incorporated in 1986.
* Clemmons is located in the Northwestern Piedmont section of North Carolina in Forsyth County.
* Clemmons is ten miles southwest of Winston-Salem, a city of approximately 223,000.
* Clemmons, population 17,651, is part of the "Piedmont Triad" and the Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point Standard Metropolitan Statistical Area.
* The proximity of Clemmons to this major urban center and its location along Interstate 40 has contributed to the growth of the Village.
* Clemmons encompasses 12 square miles.
* West Forsyth High School, the largest high school in Forsyth County, is located in Clemmons.
* The Village of Clemmons operates under the Council/Manager form of government. Policy and legislative authority rest with an elected Council which is composed of a Mayor and five Council members. The Mayor and one Council member are elected for a two-year term with the remainder of the Council elected to four-year terms.
* The Village Council, among other responsibilities, passes ordinances, adopts an annual budget, appoints citizens to boards and committees, and hires a Village Manager. The Village Manager is responsible for implementation of the Council's policies and ordinances, supervision of the Village employees, and overall maintenance of the day-to-day operations of the Village.
* The tax rate for the Village of Clemmons is .985 cents per $100 of property tax value.